Biostratigraphy Study of Planktonic Foraminifera in Shiranish Formation and its Contact with Aaliji Formation in Pulkana Well No. 7 North Iraq
Iraqi National Journal of Earth Science,
2019, Volume 19, Issue 2, Pages 41-59
AbstractPlanktonic Foraminifera is studied from Shiranish &Aaliji formations in PulkanaWell No. 7 North Iraq between the depth intervals (1948-2240) m, six biostratigraphy zones are recognized in the formation as arranged from bottom to top:
1. Globotruncanita stuarti–stuartiformis Partial Range Zone.
2. Globotruncana aegyptiaca Interval Zone.
3. Gansserina gansseri Total Rang Zone.
4. Morozovella angulata Partial Range Zone.
5. Globanomalina pseudomenardii Total Rang Zone .
6. Morozovella velascoensis Partial Range Zone.
The result of this study is compared with the work of others inside and outside Iraq, The age of the Shiranish Formation is Early Late Campanian to Earliest Maastrichtian whereas Aaliji Formation is Late Paleocene.
- Article View: 129
- PDF Download: 85